Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Perseverance

Every day in my time with God, I meditate according to the feelings and thoughts that are provoking me. Then I start reading and researching (love google) and God leads me to what I need to hear, and I can then start work on areas in my life that I sometimes don't even know I needed help with.
This past Sunday I was lead into a very in depth week of devotion and fasting. I can't really say that I have ever been lead this clearly. It's very exciting, so exciting that I involved my husband in this journey. At the very moment that I opened it up to Sheldon, my heart began to swell and I was Blessed immediately. It was another confirmation that I was heading into the right direction.
Now, being on day 3 of our big event, I was lead to the topic of Perseverance. I have to say that it is my favorite topic, but I thought that it wouldn't lead to this.
So I listened and obeyed and my spirit was renewed once again. THANK YOU LORD!!!

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weakness, but we one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are- yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Hebrews 4:14-16
God gives grace in the difficult places when we turn to Him. That does not mean that troubles are instantly gone, but He will work His perfect will in us to mold us to the image of Christ, He promises.
It is during those times of deep suffering that we are tempted to turn to the idols of the world in the same way that the Israelites turned to the idols of the nations when God seemed far off. But when anyone turns from God in the midst of suffering, they not only lose out on the possibility of spiritual growth but they postpone the real help that God both promises and provides.
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the rock eternal.
Isaiah 26:3-4
What an awesome God we have. My goal and I encourage it to be your as well, is to have faith and remember that God can be in control. If we want God to work in our lives, we need to give him tools so he can work miracles. "What," you ask, "are his Tools?" We are!!!!
We just can't give up. Persevere!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true Candy, I know for us it has been about persevering and trusting God completely in our situation and I know he will bring us through! I know God has used you as a tool to work in my heart and I'm so thankful for you and all he is doing in your life! Praise the Lord! I continue to pray for you Guys that you will be led everyday to honor and glorify God in the way he deserves and you have been showing me things I may not have thought of for a while or not seen the same way, Thank you!
Love you and have a fabulous day, enjoying all the glory God has created!
Miss you!

andrea said...

hmmm...isn't it wonderful when we feel God's leading so clearly! I am so excited as you follow His lead, you will be blessed! HUGS!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Candy,

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Loved your post on perseverence. What great encouragement. I needed to hear that today!

Joanne

Louise said...

AMEN AMEN and once again AMEN!!
Love you much!
L

Louise said...

AMEN AMEN and once again AMEN!!
Love you much!
L